If the 4th of July snuck up on you this year like it did for me, you’ll likely need some last-minute ideas on how to entertain your children and make the holiday special. There are so many fun and creative ways to celebrate with your kids that don’t require copious amounts of time and money.
Crafts: Holidays are exciting for your kids! Crafts are a great way to work on your child’s fine motor skills as well as give them an outlet for creativity.
- Here are some free 4th of July bingo cards that you can print off at home. You could even use patriotic, red, white and blue candies as bingo chips.
- Most of us have at least one egg carton at home. Why not turn it into a flag for the 4th of July this year? All you need is some paint, a paintbrush, and of course, an egg carton.
- Turn an empty water bottle into a patriotic lava lamp. What’s better than an easy and cheap craft that includes sparkles?
- As a kid, I knew an activity was going to be fun if shaving cream was involved. All you will need for this craft is some shaving cream, red and blue food coloring and cardstock. Not only will your kids get to play with shaving cream, but they will also create a fun piece of artwork.
Snacks: It can definitely be overwhelming to look at the elaborate, holiday-themed snacks online. I mean who has time to spend hours making red, white and blue cake pops? Here are some fun and patriotic snacks that you can make at home that won’t take you 7 hours to make.
- This fruit platter is perfect if you’re running short on time but still want to make a holiday-themed snack for your little ones. It will only take you 15 minutes and your kids are guaranteed to love it!
- These fruit and yogurt bites are the perfect healthy snack for your kids this holiday. Not to mention that they are quick and only require three ingredients.
- If you’re looking for the typical sweet treat, these patriotic rice krispie treats are just the thing. And if you don’t have time to make them from scratch, you could buy pre-packaged Rice Krispie treats from the store and decorate them at home!
For even more ideas, visit our holiday Pinterest board!
We hope you have a fun and safe holiday with your family! If you try any of these treats or crafts, post them and be sure to tag us @helpmegrowutah on Facebook or Instagram so we can see!